Friday, March 26, 2010

I Lack Words Today

Note to all- when no other words will do or when you don't have any words or when you don't feel like using words or when you don't want to be bothered by anyone just quote Shakespeare and be silent.

One of these two quotes(from one of my faves- The Tragedy of King Richard III) will always work if you need to precede silence with a statement:

"I am not in the giving vain today."
OR
"Tut, tut, thou troublest me, I am not in the vain."


Using the quotes and laughing at myself...that's how I'm going to get through the day.

Grumble, grumble, argh.

Pissy, I say, pissy...would Shakespeare be mad if I changed the line and said:

I am SO not in the vain today.

Yep, he probably would be mad because that scans horribly...when you start talking about scansion it's time to be quiet.

A Fun Exercise

To assist in laughing at myself before walking out of the door I watched this. Some out of tune Biggie. If you want to make one of these videos(so you'll have it to laugh at on your pissy days) make sure you spontaneously begin reciting some Biggie, pick a track that you think you know very well, realize that you aren't sure if you are saying the correct words or if that's how the song goes or if it's even Biggie and give very brief dramatic pauses before breaking up the last few words as you question yourself while saying them- then add laughter(see video).

Have a great day!



2 comments:

TheGayBlackNYCWriter said...

he sounded like he's my type ""

Metch said...

oh, i definitely think he is your "type."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...