WE THRIVE ON ALWAYS HAVING TO JUSTIFY OUR EXISTENCE...WE ARE ARTISTS DAMMIT!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
A Friendship Interlude
On the east coast side of this bicoastal bloggery the weather is beautiful.
I want to be outside.
Since yesterday my stomach has been killing me and outside is not an option.
This leaves me with time to think, read, blog, and do other things that I won't mention while trying to ignore the pain and hoping it goes away soon...by soon I mean NOW.
...A Friendship Interlude...
I take friendship very seriously. I never truly understood the classification system. I just went along with it as if I did. I put people in different categories because that's what I was supposed to do. You know- that's my best friend, that's my associate, that's my…then the wave of I don't classify my friends hit me, either you are my friend or you aren't. Then(in a moment of depression), I fell into the I don't have friends, nobody cares about me and I don't care about anybody mode of bullshit.
Glad that mode was brief, a long time ago and over.
At the moment, I'm back on the classification kick. I understand it now. I like categorizing people and things (that sounds a bit cray-cray but whatever). I like labels. Labels hold you to a standard, they allow for a bit of expectation. When a package says organic you expect it to be just that…when someone is your/a best friend you expect them to be just that.
Moving on...for the past few days I have been thinking about all the best friends I've had in my life...I'd like to introduce you to them from time to time because sometimes I get to thinking about a former, current or Life Long best friend and I can't stop...and finally that brings me to the actual FRIENDSHIP INTERLUDE...
Interlude #2(the number corresponds to what number best friend the person was or is, you can kind of tell when the person came into my life, it's in the order of meeting, if I ever write an interlude about MinDog there won't be a number it will say LL as in Life Long because that's just the way it is)
My mom loves the Lord and church. I had to go to a lot of church. I met my second best friend there. She introduced me to sneaking out and the idea of going to a boy's house without telling anybody and she told me what it was like to do things I had never imagined, I was even her older brother's fake girlfriend for awhile. Well, I was the fake girlfriend until I went over to visit one day and his real girlfriend was there. You know- the one he subsequently had children with. Yeah. Well I loved her and all the stuff she exposed me to. She became a mother. I became a high school student. I wish I knew where she was. I would love to talk to her. I think her mom and my mom still speak...
In the very classic way of most former best friend tales- she went one way I went another.
We aren't even facebook friends...mmm... I'm going to look her up right now...I'll let you know what I find.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
and what prey tell category am I in, Love?
Post a Comment