(You may want to read these posts to catch up
on the must have list/dating/relationship saga. Maybe begin with this one...or this one, maybe read them all, it's up to you.)
In the middle of preparing to write what was going to be this post I had to stop and send MinDog the following text(I would have called but it was too early to converse):
Metch: I wrote a blog post this morning and while I was writing I was linking old posts within the new post and I realized that a few people on the blog and personally(*via text, email, phone and facebook message- we have many secret followers) have been dying to know what is on my must have list. But at the moment that list is too personal to share even for a gal like me trying to live out front...I decided I could and would write a post about the must haves that I've scratched off the list(*permanently deleted in an attempt to be more open among other things...) ...SON, I was about to start writing it and despite all my recent talk and self patting on the back I realized there are only two things I've scratched off the must have list...and secretly I don't think I've really scratched them off...for real, WHAT AM I GIVING????
And in response to my 5 part crisis text-
MinDog: Ahahaha!! And why are you never asleep?
I sleep. I sleep a lot. I just wake up really early. It's a curse and a blessing. Sleep is not the issue here. I'm talking about one thing and MinDog is laughing and talking about sleep....WHAT THE WHAT? She laughed. MinDog text laughed at my early morning realization.
Later that same day I shared the realization with another friend. I HAVE NOT BEEN MAKING AS MUCH PROGRESS IN THE DELETING MUST HAVES AREA AS I THOUGHT I WAS. To my surprise all my friends knew this. I didn't.
Woe. Woe. Lot's of fake woe.
To make matters worse, I had to come clean and admit that I only scratched one must have off of the list, not two. #6,523- Must wear a suit.
Go ahead and laugh. I like making people laugh.
All joking aside I think this makes me an official MESS. I hang my head in shame...and slyly smirk...and chuckle lightly while tossing my hands in the air and getting back to the business of being open...
*not part of the text message.

No comments:
Post a Comment