I'm the baker not the cook. My sister does all the cooking and I bake, bake, bake. It's enjoyable.
*COME CLOSER I HAVE A SECRET TO TELL-
I don't eat everything I bake because the idea of cooked fruit makes me want to scream. That means pies are a NO. NO! THAT'S IT, THAT'S THE SECRET...
Moving on...I try or create a new recipe every year and there are the staples like pineapple upside down cake and the occasional apple pie (I'm told I make a 'mean' apple pie but I'll never know if that's true). Outside of those two and whatever recipe I decide to try or create the additional requests vary from year to year. At one point during the holidays I couldn't bake enough sweet potato cheese cake. That time period has come and gone.
I haven't made a sweet potato cheese cake in a minute and I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Why? There's a new kid on the block. Ladies and gentlemen I am happy to introduce my new baby THE CINAMMON BUTTER CAKE. Trust me it's divine. ANYTHING WITH CINAMMON IS DIVINE; OKAY MOST THINGS WITH CINAMMON ARE DIVINE.
The fact that it has to sit for 24 hours should tell you something…this time allows all the cinnamon and butter goodness to seep in and the cake becomes more and more moist as each hour passes. If people could resist it for an entire day after the initial 24 hours, their taste buds would be in store for a moment with the sun. Yes, this cake will make you see nothing but light. Matter of fact it's a full body experience when you eat this cake. Ask anyone who has tried it.
For example- I made one for Thanksgiving dinner. The following day my sister had to go to work. She was at the office but she only had the Cinnamon Butter baby on her mind. She called the house to say she had dibs on the remaining slice of cake. Her action proved my point: it's YUMMY! It will make you stop whatever you are doing to claim a slice…
It's 3:58AM on Christmas Eve. I just put a cake in the oven that will be cut on Christmas day… while I was mixing the batter I had to admit that baking is manual labor. I actually tried to calculate how many calories I was burning as I alternated the dry and liquid ingredients… mind you I was using an electric mixer. People used to and still mix batter by hand. WHAT THE WHAT! It's challenging enough with my bootleg electrical mixer I can't imagine-WELL THAT'S A LIE; I CAN IMAGINE. MY LOVE FOR BAKING BEGAN BEFORE I WAS ALLOWED TO USE ANYTHING ELECTRICAL…SO I HAVE MIXED MANY BATCHES OF MANY THINGS BY HAND…YEAH, I PASS. I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT EVER AGAIN…
I can't wait for Christmas and I can't wait to cut the cake.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment