Friday, December 10, 2010

Today Party...Next Is Wisdom

Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)

This #reverb 10 is something else. First I couldn't find the language to describe my different beauty and now this...

I 'm thinking and thinking and thinking and not one social gathering is coming to mind. I'm pretty social. I've enjoyed myself this year. Good friends, good fellowship, a bounty of outings, lots of laughing, many dresses, minor pains from heels that are too high, lots of lipstick, several jokes that were on me, delicious food, tasty drinks, too much chit chat, plenty of good conversation, impromptu happenings and the like...all social but if I'm honest, no particular social gathering "rocked my socks off."

After thinking about this for a good long while I've decided that this will change NOW. Considering the fact that 2010 isn't officially over I still have time for that event to occur.

AND I've realized every year should include at least one social event that rocks my socks off. When asked to report my mind should be flooded. I should have to decide what I want to share. No, everything doesn't have to rock my socks off. I'm a simple woman and I like a simple good time but the year should include one knock/rock your socks off event...and a simple good time can rock your socks off...SO WHY WEREN'T MY SOCKS ROCKED OFF? Hmmm...

Though I don't even have one under my belt for 2010(yet) I'm aiming for two in 2011. Realization is the key to change...ask me what social gathering "rocked my socks off" this time next year and the specificity with which I describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes and shenanigans will have you drooling!




#reverb10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. The end of the year is an opportunity to reflect on what’s happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...