Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sundays With Mommy

A few months ago my mom said, "I want to have a meeting with you and your siblings."  Being the brat I am I assumed she wanted us to bond or something and I immediately began whining.  "I'm not in the mood for a meeting Ma.  What do you want to talk about?"  "I want to let you kids know what I would like to have happen when I die."

WHAT????  I flipped out.  Truth is my mom is aging.  "Is this a premonition?  Do you feel like you're about to die?  Why do you want to talk about this now?  Is something wrong with you?"

"Calm down," she said.  How was I supposed to calm down?  In an instant my mother had me imagining life without her and now she wanted me to calm down.  INSANITY!  

That conversation led to Sundays with Mommy.





In this video my mom burst into a hymn(she does that often) that we used to sing in church when I was a kid.


I realized I don't spend enough time with my mother.  I speak to her everyday but I don't spend enough time with her and considering the fact that she just moved around the corner...  I must/should see her more.  So I decided that I would spend the night with her every Sunday.  My visits of course aren't limited to that day but the mother-daughter sleepover is definitely happening every Sunday.

My new proclamation also made me commit to my project of recording her stories and my goal of learning to speak more than seven words in Krahn.  


LIFE! 


Stop by and visit us on facebook or twitter.




2 comments:

KaramPaul said...

So sweet! Thanks for share with us! Enjoy!!!

Metch said...

Thanks for visiting Amanda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...