Monday, August 8, 2011

If/When I Get Married



Dear Future Husband,

 I’m changing plans on you.  I still want to go to Kenya for our honeymoon but I don’t want to fly there.  I mean eventually I do but first I want to take a voyage on a ship.  I mean shouldn’t we?  Especially since we don’t have to journey down below in horrific conditions.  We can think of it as traveling in style the way our ancestors should of traveled.  I didn’t have to say that but how can I bring up the idea of a trans- Atlantic crossing and not mention our ancestors? 

So here’s the plan…  You’ll need about two months off.  We’ll board the Queen Mary 2 and let the people on that ship who love their jobs take care of as we journey across the ocean and we’ll eat a lot so you loving me in my bikini will have to happen in the first two hours of our honeymoon.  Oh wait you love me no matter what-OKAY.  You may not want to wear a tux almost every night but please indulge me- you know I love seeing you in one.  Anyway- we’ll get off in Europe somewhere, fly to Kenya enjoy some time there about two weeks, fly back to where ever we want in Europe and make our way to South Hampton to board the Queen Mary 2 again and journey back to NYC.  When we get to NYC we’ll pause for a hot sec and then off to the island of your choice(you do get to decide something). 

We’ll stay on that island for two weeks alone and then we’ll invite our favorite friends to join us.  They will come.  The celebration will continue for another week and then you’ll go back to whatever it is you do and I’ll be on a set somewhere acting.

Is this plan okay with you?  Maybe you want to see the world on our honeymoon instead...  I don't mind but you'll have to take three and a half months off in that case.

Love you much,
Metch

*The video is from my first voyage on the Queen Mary 2.  This was the voyage that made me adjust my/our potential honeymoon plan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...