Friday, April 29, 2011

POPULATION CONTROL

Like I'm supposed to I keep showing off pics of The Godson.  That's his hand to left.  Right after people comment on how handsome and beautiful he is and send their love and congrats to the parents they turn to me and say one of two things. Either, "you're next" or they ask "when are you having yours?"

Can we focus on The Godson please?  


I do give an answer but nobody is ever ready for it and they look at me like I have two heads or they tell me I will change my mind or that I'm being absurd or a whole host of things...

At the moment I believe I have been selected for population control.  That means no babies will be nourished by my body or exit any canals that are a part of said body.

Nothing is absolute.  That I've learned time and time again so I won't go too far and say, "I'll never have kids,"  but right now I think I'm excellent in my population control position.

It suits me.  Kind of like my titles of Aunt and Godmother.  I love those titles.  Have always wanted to be an Aunt and a Godmother.

At one point I thought I liked and wanted the Mom title but now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I  only entertained that idea because that's what I'm supposed to do...

An official apology:

Dear Sister, sorry that I won't make you an aunt but that's what our brother and MinDog are for.  Love, Malachi

Has anybody else out there been selected for population control or am I really a strange being?

1 comment:

t-bone said...

If Mary can do it- I believe in you, too MYS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...