Friday, November 1, 2013

It All Came Together

After pulling a look together last minute, due to silly mishaps, I made it to the awards gala.

The Princess Grace Foundation-USA Awards Gala for emerging theatre, dance and film artists.  Hey world, I am an emerging artist!

Honored to be recognized by The Princess Grace Foundation USA and given an opportunity to focus on artistry for a year.  Honored to be in a room full of people who understand the importance of art in everyone's life...

The run down:  I met a real life princess, sat in awe as Ms. Cicely Tyson gave a beautiful speech when accepting her award, had a conversation with her (actually I just shook her had vigorously, thanked her for her work, and told her how many times I've watched The Autobiography of  Miss Jane Pittman.. is that a conversation?), took lots of pictures with lots of people, got pinned with the beautiful Princess Grace Awards pin that all the award recipients receive, ate a bit of dinner, talked a lot, danced for a hot second and then made my grand exit.

In addition to all of that I was in fabulous company (congratulations to all of the award winners) and I felt fabulous!  Is this a precursor to the Oscars?  Emmys?  Tonys, SAG Awards?  It could be.  Right?  All jokes aside I hope to make a contribution to someone's life/the world with what I do, I hope to have a sustained and varied career like the evening's honoree, Ms. Cicely Tyson... for now...and most definitely for always... I'll rock my emerging artist status with pride.  



To read about The Princess Grace Foundation-USA and the meaningful work the foundation does CLICK HERE. 

2 comments:

Goodness and Grit said...

Congratulations!
What a memorible occasion and well deserved on your part!
Hugs from Norway,
Kimberly
PS really missing the show! Any plans to begin recording new episodes?

Metch said...

Hi Kimberly,

So happy to read a comment from you!

Thank you for the congrats, it was a great night.

Regarding THE SERIES- the 3rd season is actually written and ready to go... I can't say when it's coming but it's coming. It's a matter of scheduling. There are lots of of other projects in the works too that I can't wait to share with you.

Hope all is well in Norway!

Hugs,

Metch

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...